Calvin Capital is a successful business that is a leading owner and manager of essential energy infrastructure assets. The business is based in Manchester and is part of the Calisen Group. Calvin Capital is dedicated to accelerating the development of a more efficient and sustainable energy market, helping the UK to achieve the government net zero target by 2050. The UK net zero target is one of the most ambitious global targets and as the UK energy and utilities sector continues to evolve to meet the target. In addition, with the response to market and regulatory conditions it is expected that new growth opportunities, such as energy storage and electric vehicle charging will occur and provide further exciting opportunities for the business.
At Calvin Capital, employees are our utmost priority; we are committed to supporting all employees career development and promote a culture of engagement and employee wellbeing. Calvin Capital, as part of the Calisen group, are committed to embracing Diversity and Inclusion. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer.
In addition to the opportunity to work in an ambitious environment that values people, Calvin Capital boasts an impressive list of benefits available to all employees in addition to the salary and discretionary bonus scheme, you will enjoy:
- 25 days (increasing annually to a maximum of 30) holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Competitive Scottish Widows pension scheme.
- Vitality Private Health Insurance.
- Vitality Rewards: Gym membership, cinema, nutritional advice, health checks, travel & more.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Critical Illness Cover
- Life Assurance 4 x annual salary.
- Business Travel Insurance.
- Company Sick Pay.
- Enhanced Maternity Pay.
- Charity Day.
- Employee Assistance Programme ‘WeCare’
- Employee Wellbeing Strategy including Team/Company Away Days, Charity Partnerships, and Company social activities.
- Career Development: Kallidus Learning Management System
- Company Travel Management Platform
To support and drive these exciting opportunities Calvin Capital is now recruiting for a paralegal to join its Corporate and Transactions Legal team. Experience within a top tier firm is preferable, but not essential.
- To support the business (particularly the Head of Legal, Corporate and Transactions) on complex contracts and transactions.
- To support business strategic transactions such as banking and finance arrangements and M&A activity across the Calisen group.
- To research as required in relation to new asset sectors and transaction structures, demonstrate an ability to interpret, evaluate, record, and present findings accurately and clearly as the business requires.
- To support in drafting ancillary and intra-group documents such as consent letters, minutes and written resolutions for corporate transactions.
- To support draft and negotiate non-disclosure agreements.
Skills and Experience
- An ambitious legal graduate - experience gained in private practice in advising on transactions either from a projects, corporate or finance background would be preferable, although candidates without thi experience will be considered.
- Experience or a keen interest in the energy sector and/or carbon reducing technology would be an advantage.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Verbal & written communication skills.
- Time management.