Calvin Capital is a successful business that is a leading owner and manager of essential energy infrastructure assets. The business is based in Manchester and is part of the Calisen Group. Calvin Capital is dedicated to accelerating the development of a more efficient and sustainable energy market, helping the UK to achieve the government net zero target by 2050. The UK net zero target is one of the most ambitious global targets and as the UK energy and utilities sector continues to evolve to meet the target. In addition, with the response to market and regulatory conditions it is expected that new growth opportunities, such as energy storage and electric vehicle charging will occur and provide further exciting opportunities for the business.
At Calvin Capital employees are our utmost priority; we are committed to supporting all employees career development and promote a culture of engagement and employee wellbeing. Calvin Capital, as part of the Calisen group, are committed to embracing Diversity and Inclusion. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer.
In addition to the opportunity to work in an ambitious environment that values people, Calvin Capital boasts an impressive list of benefits available to all employees in addition to the salary and discretionary bonus scheme, you will enjoy:
- 25 days (increasing annually to a maximum of 30) holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Competitive Scottish Widows pension scheme.
- Vitality Private Health Insurance.
- Vitality Rewards: Gym membership, cinema, nutritional advice, health checks, travel & more.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Critical Illness Cover
- Life Assurance 4 x annual salary.
- Business Travel Insurance.
- Company Sick Pay.
- Enhanced Maternity Pay.
- Charity Day.
- Employee Assistance Programme ‘WeCare’
- Employee Wellbeing Strategy including Team/Company Away Days, Charity Partnerships, and Company social activities.
- Career Development: Kallidus Learning Management System
- Company Travel Management Platform
To support and drive these exciting opportunities Calvin Capital is now recruiting for a Regulations Manager to join it's Asset Strategy team.
- Management of relationship with industry and regulatory bodies
- Interaction and lobbying of Regulatory bodies
- Consultation responses on behalf of Calisen group companies
- Identifying potential regulatory and industry risks and feeding these into the risk management process
- Monitoring delivery of Smart Metering Implementation Programme, Joint Industry Plan and adjacencies including EV
- Active member of all industry meetings
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of company policies and procedures
- Support Calisen team members
- Provide regular internal update reports to the Board and Leadership Team
- Provide input to the company’s strategy
- Support development of other team members towards the regulatory matters
- Seek to mitigate business risks through influencing Regulators to provide for new legislation
- Communicate effectively
- Act with integrity
- Lead by example
- Vigilant in delivery
- Innovate throughout
- Nurturing to everyone
- Employment experience in the Energy Industry or UK Government preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management role
- Experience in developing and maintaining policies and procedures
- Understanding and experience of Risk Management measurement and reporting
- Extensive senior level management experience
- Knowledge of contract law
- Significant negotiation experience
- Knowledge of the Energy Industry
- Strategic planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills